The Clinical Masters™ Network is a select group of dental professionals from all over the world who are distinguished for their skills and expertise. You too can join this network by successfully completing one of our Clinical Masters™ Programs or by submitting cases to demonstrate your experience and expertise.
Lecturer, Department of Prosthodontics, National and Kapodistrian University of Athens School of Health Sciences Faculty of Dentistry
Telephone Number: +30.210.6232988 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Postal Address: 22 Adrianou str., 14561 Athens, Greece
- 1986-1992: DDS, National and Kapodistrian University of Athens, School of Dentistry
- 1993-1995: Post-Graduate studies in Prosthodontics, Temple University, School of Dentistry, Philadelphia, USA.
- 1996-1997: Post-Graduate studies in Orofacial Pain, University of Kentucky, Dental school, Lexington, USA.
- 1999: MS, in Oral Biology, National and Kapodistrian University of Athens, School of Dentistry
- 2004: Dr. Dent. of National and Kapodistrian University of Athens School of Dentistry
PROFESSIONAL AND ACADEMIC
- 1995-1996: Assistant professor of Prosthodontics, Temple University school of Dentistry, Philadelphia, USA
- 1997-today: Private practice limited to Prosthodontics and Orofacial pain.
- 1997-2007: Clinical Instructor, Department of Prosthodontics, National and Kapodistrian University of Athens, School of Dentistry.
- 2008. Lecturer, Department of Prosthodontics, National and Kapodistrian University of Athens, School of Dentistry, teaching undergraduates and postgraduates students.
MEMBER PROFESSIONAL SOCIETIES
- Treasurer of the Greek Prosthodontic Society.
- Executive Member of The American Dental Society of Europe
- Member of European Academy of Craniomandibular Disorders
- Member of the International College of Dentists
- Member of the International College of Prosthodontics
- Member of the European Osseointegration Society
- Member of the Greek Osseointegration Society.
- Member of the Greek Odontostomatologic Society
- Member of the board of Athens Dental Society
- Pharmacological Treatment of Temporomandibular Disorders. (Master Thesis 1998)
- Treatment of local muscle soreness of masticator muscles. A Controlled Double-blind Study. (Dr. Dent Thesis )
- Movements of the mandible. Chronopoulos V, Roussou I: in “The normal Temporomandibular Joint”, Katsavrias I, Doukoudakis A. Medical Publications Pashalidis, 2001;119-130.
- Ectopic Eruption of the first Molar. Roussou I, Papapanagiotou K, Oulis K.
- A simplified system for nomenclature of implant abutment position. Blitzer RM, Roussos VG, Appleby DC. Implant Dent. 1994;3(3):188-9.
- Connecting implant framework segments. Thoupos GA, Zouras C, Winkler S, Roussos VG. Implant Dent.1995;4(2):97-9.
- The occlusion as an important factor for the health of the Stomatognathic System. Tzakis M, Malagaris I, Roussou I, Psarras V. Greek Stomatologic Chronicles:2003;47:215-222.
- Osteoarthritis of the Temporomandibular Joint. Clinical signs and Treatment. Roussou I. Odontostomatologic News: 2004;5:9-14.
- Intraoral restoration of porcelain fracture. Mistikos X, Pelekanos S, Roussou I. Quintessence 2004,30(6):503-509.
- A technique for taking impressions of teeth with severe periodontal involvement. Mistikos X, Roussou I, Pelekanos S. Odontostomatological news. 2004;5:67-69.
- Dental occlusion as an etiologic factor of Temporomandibular Disorders. Odontostomatological news.2005,6:73-79.
- Surface treatment of different all-ceramic systems . Mistikos X, Roussou I, Pelekanos S. Quintessence 2005,31(1):81-86.
- The parafunctional habit of bruxism in the prosthodontic full mouth rehabilitation. Patra M, Kaloumenos K, Roussou I. Odontostomatological news 2010,64(1):92-107.
- Invited speaker on topics of Orofacial Pain and Prosthodontics at dental meetings in Greece but also in Jordan, Sweden, Ireland and Slovenia.
- Participation as a speaker in numerous meetings in Greece and Europe on the above mentioned topics.
Since 1997 until today I maintain private practice in Athens, limited to Prosthodontics and Orofacial pain. Because of the combination of these two specialties I m treating mostly full mouth restorations tooth supported and also implant supported, were the treatment position needs to be established prior the dental treatment. Another topic of interest is Bruxism and implant rehabilitation and occlusion on implant prosthesis.
Another field of special interest for me is anterior esthetics. Porcelain veneers, all ceramic crowns and soft tissue management for single anterior implant restorations are every day practice.
Beside the prosthodontics rehabilitation mentioned above, a big percentage of my practice consists of TMJ patients with pain and dysfunction symptoms, which we treat with different kinds of intraoral appliances, physiotherapy and pharmacologic approach.
Most of my cases are well documented with intraoral pictures taken preoperatively, during treatment and at the time of final cementation of the restorations. I use these pictures during lecturing, for presentations at meetings and of course are available for anyone wishing to see them.